Pleural Fluid Routine Test
Pleural fluid is a liquid that exists between the pleura's layers. The pleura is a two-layer membrane that lines the chest cavity and covers the lungs. When you breathe, pleural fluid keeps the pleura moist and reduces friction between the membranes. The pleural space is the area that contains pleural fluid. Normally, the pleural space contains a small amount of pleural fluid.
The Pleural Fluid Routine helps determine various serious health issues related to the abdominal and provides you with a clear picture of what's wrong with your brain. You can secure some fantastic Pleural Fluid Routine Delhi for a complete diagnosis of body check-up.
If you are scared of spending hefty amounts on Pleural Fluid Routine Price, then let us inform you that you can enjoy an affordable price cut at Pathlab in Delhi. It diagnoses or monitors conditions of abdominal or issues related to abdominal. The Pleural Fluid Routine cost is reasonable and reliable at CNC Pathlab.
What is the purpose of it?
To determine the cause of pleural effusion, pleural fluid analysis is performed. Pleural effusions are classified into two types:
Transudate, which occurs when there is a pressure imbalance in certain blood vessels. Extra fluid leaks into the pleural space as a result of this. Heart failure or cirrhosis are the most common causes of transudate pleural effusion.
Exudate, which occurs when the pleura is injured or irritated. This can cause excess fluid to leak from specific blood vessels. There are numerous causes of exudate pleural effusion. Infections such as pneumonia, cancer, kidney disease, and autoimmune diseases are examples of these. It usually only affects one side of the chest.
Are There Any Risks Associated with Pleural Fluid Routine?
No, there is no risk associated with Pleural Fluid Routine
During an Pleural Fluid Routine, what happens?
Your doctor will have to remove some pleural fluid from your pleural space. This is accomplished through a procedure known as thoracentesis. The procedure can be performed in either a doctor's office or a hospital. Throughout the procedure:
- Your provider will use an antiseptic solution to clean an area on your back.
- Your provider will inject a numbing medication into your skin to ensure that you are not in pain during the procedure.
- Once the area is completely numb, your provider will insert a needle between your ribs in your back. The needle will be inserted into the pleural space. Ultrasound imaging may be used by your provider to help determine the best location to insert the needle.
- As the needle is inserted, you may feel some pressure.
- The fluid will be withdrawn into the needle by your provider.
- At various points during the procedure, you may be asked to hold your breath or exhale deeply.
- When the required amount of fluid has been removed, the needle will be removed and the procedure area will be bandaged.
What is the Pleural Fluid Routine Test price?
The cost of the Pleural Fluid Routine Test is around Rs 400 only.
Is there anything I need to do to prepare for the Pleural Fluid Routine Test Delhi?
There are no special preparations required for a thoracentesis or blood test. However, your doctor may request a chest x-ray before the procedure.
No specific requirement