Obesity is a severe condition characterised by an excess of body fat. Obesity is more than a minor issue. It's a medical condition that raises your risk of developing other diseases and health issues like heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, and some cancers. In this type of test at least 10 to12 hours of fasting is required.
The tests that are include in your Obesity Panel-I are Lipid Profile, Thyroid Profile, Blood Sugar Random, HBA1C. CNC Pathlab has 13 parameters that provide you a detailed picture of your health. CNC Pathlab is a leading diagnostic lab that offers a wide range of health services to customers. In order to maintain your health from the comfort of your own home, you can choose from the Obesity Panel-I or other packages that are more suited to your needs (at home services).
The Obesity Panel - Basic test is a set of blood tests that are used to evaluate the health status of an individual with regard to their weight and body mass index (BMI). This panel includes a range of tests that assess different aspects of obesity and related conditions. The tests included in an Obesity Panel - Basic test may vary depending on the healthcare provider, but some common tests are:
- Lipid Panel: This test measures the levels of different types of cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood. High levels of total cholesterol, LDL ("bad") cholesterol, and triglycerides, and low levels of HDL ("good") cholesterol can increase the risk of heart disease, which is a common complication of obesity.
- Glucose: This test measures the amount of sugar (glucose) in the blood. High levels of glucose can indicate insulin resistance, which is a risk factor for type 2 diabetes. Obesity is also a risk factor for type 2 diabetes.
- Hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c): This test measures the average blood sugar levels over the past 2-3 months. It is used to diagnose and monitor diabetes.
- C-reactive protein (CRP): This test measures the levels of CRP, a protein produced by the liver in response to inflammation. Elevated CRP levels are associated with obesity and can increase the risk of heart disease.
- Thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH): This test measures the levels of TSH, a hormone produced by the pituitary gland that regulates thyroid function. Obesity can increase the risk of hypothyroidism, a condition where the thyroid gland does not produce enough thyroid hormone.
- Liver function tests: These tests measure the levels of liver enzymes and proteins in the blood. Obesity can cause fatty liver disease, which can lead to liver damage and dysfunction.
Overall, the Obesity Panel - Basic test can help identify the health risks associated with obesity and related conditions, and guide healthcare providers in developing an appropriate treatment plan. It's important to consult with a healthcare provider to determine if an obesity panel test price in Delhi - A basic test is appropriate for your individual needs.
Importance of Obesity Panel test
The importance of an obesity panel test lies in its ability to assess an individual's overall health status in relation to obesity and to identify any underlying medical conditions or risk factors that may be contributing to or associated with obesity.
Here are some reasons why an obesity panel test is important:
Early detection of health problems: An obesity panel test can detect health problems early before they become more serious or difficult to treat. For example, it can identify early signs of insulin resistance or diabetes, which can be managed through lifestyle changes or medication.
Prevention of chronic diseases: Obesity is a risk factor for a variety of chronic diseases, including heart disease, stroke, and some types of cancer. An obesity panel test can identify these risks early, which can help prevent these diseases from developing or becoming more severe.
Tailored treatment and management strategies: The results of an obesity panel test can help healthcare providers develop tailored treatment and management strategies for individuals with obesity. For example, it can help identify any underlying medical conditions that may be contributing to obesity, and guide appropriate medical interventions or referrals.
Motivation for lifestyle changes: An obesity panel test can help individuals understand the impact of obesity on their overall health, and motivate them to make lifestyle changes to improve their health. This may include changes to diet and exercise, as well as other strategies to manage medical conditions.
Overall, an obesity panel test is an important tool for assessing and managing the health risks associated with obesity. It can help individuals and healthcare providers develop personalized strategies for managing obesity and preventing or treating associated health problems.
- LDL Cholesterol
- Total Cholesterol
- HDL Cholesterol
- Non - HDL Cholesterol
- VLDL Cholesterol
- LDL/HDL Ratio
- TC/HDL Cholesterol Ratio
- Triiodothyronine (T3)
- Total Thyroxine (T4)
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
BLOOD SUGAR RANDOM
- BLOOD SUGAR RANDOM
Who are eligible to take this test?
- With a high BMI, people of all ages are at risk (overweight or obese).
- People who suffer from joint discomfort, back pain, heat intolerance, sleep disturbance, shortness of breath, weariness, stress, and excessive perspiration.
- People who have diabetes as a result of being overweight.
How many total parameters are in Obesity Panel-I?
There are total 13 parameters in Obesity Panel-I.
What type of tests are including in Obesity Panel-I?
The major tests include are: Lipid Profile, Thyroid Profile, Blood Sugar Random, HBA1C.
Why are you taking this test?
- Getting rid of excess weight.
- To lower the risk of disease or problems as a result of being overweight or obese.
- To reduce the risk of being overweight or obese-related complications.
- To identify obesity in children and adults.
What are the advantages of taking the Obesity Profile Test?
- to lower the risk of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, hypertension, and thyroid disease
- To determine the reason of obesity or overweight,
- Any specific therapy to overcome obesity is available from me.
- To determine the health risk,
- In order to lower the risk of long-term obesity in pregnant mothers
When can I get my report?
Particularly after collection of sample test, the report will be generated within 24 hrs.