Your liver is a crucial body organ responsible for the detoxification and synthesis of proteins and biochemical production essential for a healthy digestive system. If your doctor suspects any abnormalities in the functioning of your liver, then you will be advised to go for an LFT blood test. The LFT blood test is also called Liver Function Test, which helps determine any harm or disease in the liver.
These are essential for understanding the health status of the liver. LFT test Delhi offered by the CNC Pathlab are your best bet that enables you to get an in-depth analysis of your liver. It is done for diagnosing a variety of conditions, including screening for liver infections, monitoring the severity of a disease, etc. CNC Pathlab offers a reasonable LFT test price for your liver test.
We have a troop of certified medical professionals having years of experience in conducting LFT blood test. Our medical laboratory is equipped with the essential tools and machines that help us deliver well-analyzed and accurately generated reports. We are known for delivering a heightened sense of satisfaction in our services, and that is why we are widely admired by our esteemed customers.
Where we are located
The folks around India can find our LFT Blood Test Lab in specific places. We are presently operating in Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Noida, Greater Noida, and Gurugram.
Liver function tests are blood tests used to help diagnose and monitor liver disease or damage. The tests measure the levels of certain enzymes and proteins in your blood.
Some of these tests measure how well the liver is performing its normal functions of producing protein and clearing bilirubin, a blood waste product. Other liver function tests measure enzymes that liver cells release in response to damage or disease.
Why it's done?
Liver function tests can be used to:
- Screen for liver infections, such as hepatitis
- Monitor the progression of a disease, such as viral or alcoholic hepatitis, and determine how well a treatment is working
- Measure the severity of a disease, particularly scarring of the liver (cirrhosis)
- Monitor possible side effects of medications
Liver function tests check the levels of certain enzymes and proteins in your blood. Levels that are higher or lower than normal can indicate liver problems. Some common liver function tests include:
- Alanine transaminase (ALT). ALT is an enzyme found in the liver that helps convert proteins into energy for the liver cells. When the liver is damaged, ALT is released into the bloodstream and levels increase.
- Aspartate transaminase (AST). AST is an enzyme that helps metabolize amino acids. Like ALT, AST is normally present in blood at low levels. An increase in AST levels may indicate liver damage, disease or muscle damage.
- Alkaline phosphatase (ALP). ALP is an enzyme found in the liver and bone and is important for breaking down proteins. Higher-than-normal levels of ALP may indicate liver damage or disease, such as a blocked bile duct, or certain bone diseases.
- Albumin and total protein. Albumin is one of several proteins made in the liver. Your body needs these proteins to fight infections and to perform other functions. Lower-than-normal levels of albumin and total protein may indicate liver damage or disease.
- Bilirubin. Bilirubin is a substance produced during the normal breakdown of red blood cells. Bilirubin passes through the liver and is excreted in the stool. Elevated levels of bilirubin (jaundice) might indicate liver damage or disease or certain types of anemia.
- Gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT). GGT is an enzyme in the blood. Higher-than-normal levels may indicate liver or bile duct damage.
- L-lactate dehydrogenase (LD). LD is an enzyme found in the liver. Elevated levels may indicate liver damage but can be elevated in many other disorders.
- Prothrombin time (PT). PT is the time it takes your blood to clot. Increased PT may indicate liver damage but can also be elevated if you're taking certain blood-thinning drugs, such as warfarin.
Why do I need liver function testing?
You may need liver function testing if you have symptoms of liver disease. These include:
- Jaundice, is a condition that causes your skin and eyes to turn yellow
- Nausea and vomiting
- Abdominal pain
- Dark-colored urine
- Light-colored stool
You may also need these tests if you have certain risk factors. You may be at higher risk for liver disease if you:
- Have a family history of liver disease
- Have alcohol use disorder, a condition in which you have difficulty controlling how much you drink
- Think you have been exposed to a hepatitis virus
- Take medicines that may cause liver damage
You can book an online appointment for an LFT Test in Delhi and choose the home sample collection option. Our phlebotomist crew is fully licensed, trained, and certified to collect blood samples from home. The LFT test price may differ from city to city. The cost of an LFT test in Delhi @CNCPathlab is very affordable. When making an online appointment for an LFT test with CNC Pathlab, one has the option of selecting home sample collection. The LFT test results will be made available online within 24 hours of sample collection, at which point anyone can consult their doctor and decide on the best course of treatment depending on their results.
What is a LFT (Liver Function Test) Test?
A LFT (Liver Function Test) is a blood test that is used to evaluate the overall health of the liver by measuring the levels of various enzymes and proteins in the blood.
How is the test performed?
The test is performed by taking a blood sample from a vein in the arm. The blood sample is then sent to a laboratory for analysis.
What does the test measure?
The test measures the levels of various enzymes and proteins in the blood, including bilirubin, alkaline phosphatase (ALP), alanine aminotransferase (ALT), aspartate aminotransferase (AST), and albumin.
What is the cost of a LFT (Liver Function Test) Test in Delhi?
The cost of the test may vary depending on the laboratory and the specific tests being performed. It is best to check with the laboratory or healthcare provider for the exact cost.
Is fasting required before the test?
Fasting is not required before the LFT test.
How long does it take to get the test results?
The test results may take a few hours to a day, depending on the laboratory and the specific tests being performed. It is best to check with the laboratory or healthcare provider for the exact turnaround time.
Within 24 Hours
8-10 fasting requiements