Why take Magnesium Test ?
Magnesium should be measured to evaluate the amount of magnesium in your blood and to assist determine the source of abnormal levels of magnesium, calcium and/or potassium.
Symptoms of Low Magnesium:
- Muscle Cramps
- Irregularity in the Heartbeats
- In severe cases, seizures
Symptoms of High Magnesium:
- Breathing Trouble
- Weakness in the Muscles
- Vomiting and Nausea
More about Magnesium
The normal range for blood magnesium level is 1.7 to 2.2 mg/dL (0.85 to 1.10 mmol/L). Normal value ranges may vary slightly among different laboratories.
Low blood levels of magnesium may indicate one or more of these possibilities:
- Person is not consuming enough magnesium
- The person is consuming sufficiently, but the body is not able to absorb it
- The body is excreting too much of magnesium
Increased blood levels of magnesium are not usually because to dietary sources but are usually the result of an excretion problem or excessive supplementation.
No Special Preparation Required
5 Steps to Safety
3+ Lacs Total Patients Handled